Sunday, April 29, 2007

Just thought it would be fun

Hey all. It's been forever since I've posted, so I will catch you all up on what's happening around here. After much thinking after hearing about the extension, I have decided to move us onto post. Our landlord was unbelievably understanding and let us out of our two year lease. The house and neighborhood we are in is wonderful, but I really feel the need to be around other's like myself. It just so happened that a house on post opened up right in the neighborhood where I have my good friends and it just seemed to fall into place at the right time. I'm sure so many of my "Army Sisters" can agree with this, but when your husband is away for this length of time, you need to be around others in the same boat. Otherwise, it starts to feel very hopeless, like your the only person in the world doing this! The camaraderie of others in the same situation is so valuable during deployments.
See, I need to remind myself of what I've just wrote throughout the week because when I think of yet another move and this time alone with a toddler and the fact that this was ALL my idea, I feel like I'm going to go cross eyed and stay that way forever!
I did think that this move was all up to me, but early in the planning, I did find out that the Army will pay for me to move onto post! Yipee!!!!! That was a nice surprise. There was a lot of shuffling of paperwork trying to get housing without my husband, but after a week or so it was finally done. I suppose when he comes home for R&R in mid May, he can find out where he now lives! Did I mention I'm going from 2200 sq ft to under 1200sq ft????? I'm sure that experience of shoving all my stuff into the new house will be another story I will have to post next time.
Ok, off to convince my child who keeps yelling "oh no!!!" over the baby monitor that it's time to go to sleep for the fifth time.
Have a great week!!!!!

3 comments:

The Monkey House said...

funny. . .that will be twice that he will come home for r&r to a new house!

Stephanie said...

Best of luck with your move. It will probably be much better for you. Still praying for you!

Stephanie said...

Happy Mother's Day!