Sunday, April 15, 2007

Better


Well the week ended much better than it began. I have finally wrapped the idea of a 15 month deployment around my brain. However, I'm still a little ticked off of how we all found out, the troops included. Thanks CNN!!! Like I always say, I will never ask myself how I am going to do this, I will just wonder how the heck I did it when it's all over with.


It's been one of those nice stretches of easy parenting lately. C's been eating and sleeping well and has been in a generally good mood lately. I think he knew his Mommy could use that. The picture I posted is one of my new favorites. I've been organizing the house and sorting through things and C found this hat. It was his Great Grandpa Varvel's hat who passed back in 1990. I'm not sure how we ended up with it, but C is attached to it. He will find it in the house, put it on his head and then continue with whatever he was doing. I think it's a precious link between he and his Great Grandpa. Plus, he looks adorable in it!!!!


Speaking of Grandparents, R's parents will be here on Wednesday and we are REALLY looking forward to it. I have signed us up at the unit for a VTC conference with R. His Mom and Dad have not been able to see R since he left so I thought it would be a good idea. C and I can webcam with R pretty often, but with the time difference between Afghanistan and Oregon, it makes it nearly impossible for his parents.


Ok, so here is hoping for a much better week with no new surprises. Unless they're good ones of course!!!!!!!

No comments: