Thursday, March 22, 2007
Great Grandparents and Weather Radios
It was another good week. My Grandparents visited us from Oregon for a while. C had a great time playing with his Great Grandma and Grandpa. My Grandpa helped me do a ton of "man" things around the house. I was very grateful. I pride myself on being a woman who can do things for herself, but sometimes it's just nice to have some help.
R is doing well. He is enjoying his work and is able to call often. I seem to have a gift for missing his phone calls and when he logs onto messenger. So many people tell me to forward my calls and such, but I always forget. At least during this deployment, I hear from him so often, that if I miss a call, I know it will not be too long before I will have another chance to talk to him. Vastly different from when he went to Iraq and I would miss his call and cry for two days!
Tonight was our FRG meeting (to you non-military folk, that means Family Readiness Group). We filled little plastic eggs with Candy for our men and women downrange for Easter. Doing that sort of thing really drives home how much I miss my husband. It's not that I don't think of him everyday, but once in a while I realize that this is for a year and I have a mixture of grief and pride at the same time. I grieve of this year C and I are missing with him, but proud of what my husband is a part of and what he's willing to do for his country.
On another note, I just bought a NOAA weather alert radio. My least favorite part of living in the South is the fact that weather can occasionally kill you! We Oregon folk are just not used to that, unless you die from boredom of rain day in and day out for months (McCrums?? Ha Ha). I absolutely FREAK out when storms start to stir in our parts. It didn't help when we were here just a few months and a freak Tornado touched down in a town not to far away. It happened in the middle of the night and 7 people were killed. The radio I found can be programmed to only alert you for your county and will be quiet otherwise. I will have it on my night table next to the telephone and pepper spray. Can you say PARANOID??
Ok, Have a great weekend all!
Stick a fork in me, I'm cooked. It's time for bed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.gif)



1 comment:
I cannot believe how big C. is!! I am sorry to hear your hubby is deployed again. Hang in there.
Post a Comment