Not one of my best weeks. Up until Tuesday, I was about eight weeks pregnant. That evening things went downhill and on Wednesday afternoon I found out the pregnancy was Ectopic. I was given an injection of Methotrexate, a drug used for Chemotherapy, to see if that can work rather than surgery. I should know by the end of this week if it's working.
I just really didn't see this one coming. My pregnancy with C was so uneventful and easy, I just figured this would be as well. R and I knew about the pregnancy for almost four weeks and were so very very excited. Eight weeks is so early in a pregnancy, but I let myself get attached to the idea that we were going to have another baby.
The upside to the situation is that it happened on a long weekend, so R has been here and we have been able to spend time as a family which helps tremendously. Also he's here to help with C so I can rest. The shot is supposed to make you feel pretty crummy, but so far I've been feeling ok. My heart just hurts a little bit.
We put up our Christmas tree yesterday and C was so excited while hanging all the ornaments. He walked up to me and gave me a hug and said "Merry Christmas Mommy", it just melted my heart. We are so blessed with this little boy. His words and hugs help better than any medicine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.gif)

4 comments:
M...my thoughts and prayers are with you...that was the exact same amount of time that I was pregnant when i miscarried after Ayden and before Rylin...it doesn't matter if it was 1 week or 24 weeks...it hurts. I will continue to pray for all of you.
I am so sorry M... I will be praying for you.~ De'Dee Brown
I'm so sorry. I don't think it matters how early it is--once you know about it, it's real. I'm really really sorry. Love you!
I'm so sorry. I'm just getting caught up on blogs. You'll be in my prayers tonight. God bless you all.
Post a Comment