Just want to let those of you who have asked about R, that I have heard from him and he is safe. For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, R is in Pakistan and if you have been watching the news, they are in a State of Emergency. R called and warned me that there was something going on there and would not be able to call for a few days, but that he would be fine and I would see what is going on if I watched the news. I got this call while standing in the bakery dept of Sam's Club. I, of course, started crying my eyes out for all to see. When I got home I immediately searched the Internet and after about 10 Min's of sorting through OJ Simpson, Paris Hilton, and what the Beckhams are doing this weekend, I finally found out about Pakistan. Let me tell you, our country as a whole and our media has a very skewed sense of priority when it comes to news. I admit that if my husband was not living in this country during this situation, it would never occur to me to pay attention to anything about Pakistan in the news. However, it's like 2nd, 3rd or 5th story on the news if it's mentioned at all! Ok, enough of the soapbox.
I can whine and cry all I like feeling sorry for myself that my husband is in such a hostel environment at the moment, but I am not alone. Everyone I know has a husband currently residing, redeploying or deploying to these areas in the world. What happened to normal? I was not the type of little girl to dream of my wedding or husband, but I always assumed he would have some nice normal job like an Accountant or Teacher, typically something that didn't involve the line of fire, states of emergency or sworn statements of combat. But you fall in love with the man, not the soldier and my man happened to be a soldier. I am proud of him more than he will ever know.
R~I am doing what you said and keeping my chin up and trying to be strong. I know you know what your doing and will be fine. I kiss C for you every night and tell him that that you love him. We count the days until you are back to us safe and sound.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.gif)

2 comments:
ok, you made me cry...i'm praying for you...
You made me cry too, praying for you.
Post a Comment