Wednesday, November 07, 2007

So far, so good



I've heard from R three days in a row now. Feeling much much better. The situation in Pakistan does not affect him too directly, just more of a nuisance. He said the traffic getting to and from work is bad and their workload has increased. The phones and television have been restored for now pending the president does not have another tantrum.


My parents left yesterday after a week long visit. It was hard to see them go. C enjoyed having his Grandma and Grandpa to play with and I enjoyed sleeping in in the mornings while they took the reigns.


I went on the hunt today for German KinderEggs. Remember those my Germany girls? I sent them to my niece every Christmas while we were in Germany and so I thought it would be fun to find them again since she has gone a few years without them. I saw an add in the paper that advertised German imports and called to ask if they had them. To those who don't know what I'm talking about, KinderEggs are hollow chocolate eggs with awesome toys inside.


Well, I plugged in the address into my GPS and C and I headed off in that direction. The closer we got, the more ghetto the neighborhood got. When we arrived I thought the GPS took me to the wrong place. The building looked half fallen down, bars on the windows, trash on one side of the parking lot and the signs were all hand painted advertising lottery and whole pigs for sale. I DID NOT want to go in there, but I drove 20 mins to this place and I wanted those Kindereggs. So I grabbed my mace and my baby and headed inside. Once inside, it was fine. In fact wonderful. It was like I was back in Germany. They had everything! Even the yogurt salad dressing I was crazy about. So I found the Kindereggs. I don't know how much I paid for them in Germany, but I can bet is was very much under a Euro. I paid $1.89 for each Kinderegg today. I know. Wow. Mission was accomplished, but I will probably never make the pilgrimage to the German Market in the ghetto again!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

This is too funny! I LOVE those little toys and just a week or two ago bought 150 of them on ebay. Yes, someone was selling the toys inside the yellow 'yolk' thing . . . can't wait to put them together! I think they were like 50 euro cents but now with the exchange rate probably cost about a buck.

Can't believe the boy is growing so fast . . . his eyes are just amazing! Speedy return home for R too!