
Since we have gotten settled into the new house and it's been a month of unpacking, we decided to venture out into the world a bit this weekend. Holy Cow! I thought unpacking was daunting! No matter how prepared you are for a day trip with a toddler, you are usually in for a surprise!
We journeyed to the beach, our first time seeing the east coast. We thought C. would like the waves and surf. After a three hour tour of the NC highway system (not sure it was supposed to take quite that long), we finally arrived. Where R. and I grew up, the ocean water is almost always freezing and even if it's 100 degrees inland, it's a good thirty degrees cooler at the beach. Well.........not in North Carolina! I won't go into how hot and sticky it was, I'm sure everyone whose been here or talked to me lately can imagine!
C. thought the ocean was just pretty cool until he got a mouth full of seawater. Then came the sand. Everywhere. On everything. In everything. He was not impressed. Between the 30 proof sunblock and the white sand, we made ourselves quite the cement. We could not get the sand off of that baby!He was a trooper though, the three hour drive home he sat in the car seat in his diaper only, giving us the occasional scowl. If I would have had a sense of humor at the time I would have taken his picture, it would have made a nice addition.

Here's to better luck on the next road trip. Any advice from you seasoned mom's would be greatly appreciated.
.gif)

2 comments:
My San Diego friends have taught me a good sand trick. Dry off, even though it means getting sand all over your towel. You will be washing it anyway. Then, rub baby powder all over you. The sand just brushes off! And you smell better too! it works! We now keep a big thing of baby powder in the beach bag!
Huummm, this is a hard one . . . lay all your stuff out and then only pack half! You are in the US now so if you forget something you can always run to Wal-Mart . . . I pack very light . . . two weeks in Europe . . . only took a carry on but for some reason a 4 day trip to see the other family my trunk was packed full . . . always take less than you think you will need but take plenty of diapers!
Post a Comment