Monday, August 14, 2006

I am just not up to speed!

Ok, I realize I'm a little slow, (especially after having C.), but I just finished my weekly catching up on all of my friends blogs and I am just AMAZED by what everyone can do with their blog sites!!! Angie D has videos and slide shows! Joy has the most adorable graphics and Monkey house girl has music!!!!!!!! Is there a class or something? I know I've been underground a while, but lately, as I crawl out of the hole, I've noticed so many things in the tech world (I'm sure that term is outdated) and I seriously feel like how my Grandmother must have felt when I showed her the internet for the first time!!!!

  • Ipods........Who has time to upload 10,000 songs, who knows 10,000 songs (with the exception of Steven T.)????
  • Cell phones with Cameras................I have barely figured out how to work my no frills one!
  • Ear pieces for the Cell phone................I answered back to a woman who I thought was talking to me at Target only to find out she was on the phone! (She was looking right at me, I swear!)
  • T Mobil Sidekicks...........I don't have that many people I actually converse with on a daily basis. The thing I always think about with Sidekicks is seeing Paris Hilton with one at every moment, always typing and reading. Ok, let's think about this for a moment, Paris Hilton is at a blockbuster movie premier and all of Hollywood's who's who is attending...WHO THE HELL IS SHE TALKING TO??????

My brain just hurts thinking about this, I'm off to bed!


5 comments:

Nicole said...

That made me laugh. :) I too feel like I'm getting out-of-the-loop when it comes to technology. I don't own an Ipod, my cell phone can only make calls (no pictures or texting etc), and I have yet to buy a scanner...funny thing is that's what I want the most and they've been around for years! I feel your pain...:)

E said...

I'm a fairly new owner of an iPod and I doubt I'll ever hit the 10,000 song mark, but I love the fact that I don't have to 'rate' my songs because there's limited space. The camera cell phone seems silly too--my phone doesn't even have a speaker option (but I want it).

D. and I just figured out what a Bluetooth was. A couple years ago when I flew back from Germany, I got really freaked out by all these people walking through the Atlanta airport and talking to themselves. I seriously thought I was in the twilight zone!

I'm with Nicole--I really want a scanner. I have no idea why I haven't bought one yet. Probably just lazy!

E said...

P.S. I have no idea what a T-mobile sidekick is!

Anonymous said...

There is one good thing about the iPod you can hook it up in your car and have unlimited amount of music with-out the hassle of changing the CD.

I always think of how long it took the cassette to be out dated, pretty soon we will not be buying our kids CD's it will be something else.

Sunshine

Angie said...

Wait a minute...weren't you the one who helped me set up my DSL in Germany. You're better at this tech stuff than me! Smiles