Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Busch Gardens


R's parents are here visiting and helping us with C while we get transitioned. They offered to watch C so we could go away for the weekend and spend some time together. So where does a couple go to have a romantic getaway?????? Busch Gardens Amusement Park!!!!!! R and I are avid roller coaster riders, so we couldn't wait to tear up that park! We showed up at opening time and were thrilled to see there were not too many people. We ran right to the scariest coaster in the park, got right on and then jumped off to get back in line to go again. I felt fine. We rode it again about 5 mins after the first time. I felt fine. We got off the coaster and started walking. I didn't feel so fine.

I made it too the restroom and afterward I figured I would feel better but I didn't. My head was spinning so much, all I could do was lay it down on a picnic table while R rubbed my back. I was determined to not ruin a rare day off from parenting, so I got up and announced we were walking to the next roller coaster. I made it about 15 feet before I had to throw up in a bush. Now let me just say, if Busch Gardens had more bathrooms handy or did not cover their trash cans with lids, I would not have had to ruin their landscaping!

At this point I realized my roller coaster riding was over for the day (or maybe forever) but I was adamant about R being able to still enjoy the day. Long story short, I publicly threw up two more times, totally embarrassed and figured park officials would throw me out for just being gross in general. Amazingly though, after two hours I felt absolutely fine and was able to enjoy the rest of the day. I didn't go on any other major rides, but was able to handle the water rides later in the day.

Before I went off on probably too much information about the earlier part of that day, I meant to tell you that Busch Gardens and Sea World offers free admission to their parks once a year for Military members, I believe up to four dependants per member. It's an amazing program and nice to see such a huge corporation showing it's appreciation for our service members.

Ok, enough ranting. Movers coming in two days, I suppose I need to get started on some of the chaos around the house.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

maybe you're pregnant?

Anonymous said...

Since I had the oldest I have noticed my body won't and does not like when I do things I use to do as a young adult. I am unsure of what it is or why I have the thoughts that I do while waiting. Maybe it is just that mother instinct to stay safe. I hope it gets better for you...I on the other hand have gotten worse over the years.
Lesley

Anonymous said...

The same thing happened to me! I used to love roller coasters and now I cna't ride them. I swear I get dizzy just looking at a tilt-a-whirl. Glad you enjoyed the rest of the day!

The Monkey House said...

that happens to me too--didn't when I was younger. . .like lesley and kelly. But I still have the same question as stephanie!!!!!!

E said...

Ditto for me. I rode one of those rides that drops you 30 stories and couldn't go on another ride the rest of the day. I'm finding that as I get older I'm getting more motion sickness. And I don't have to be pregnant!

Anonymous said...

Wow... out of the Army... WOW 9-5 ... what will you do with R home so much? It sure will be a new life. God's Blessings ~ De'Dee Brown