Just a little bit to update you all. Thank you so much for your comments, it means so much that I have such caring people to share life with. The passing of my Grandma was so sudden and completely unexpected. I had spoken to her just two hours prior during our usual daily morning catch up. They knew that R was leaving to go back to Afghanistan the following day from his two week R&R and wanted to say hi and bid him farewell. Grandma mentioned she had a sore back and said she was going to go and lay down, a nap in which she didn't wake up from.
C and I are back home in Oregon now with our family healing slowly but surely. Grandma was kind of the driving force in the family and her unexpected passing has hit us all very hard. She and I had a very close connection which started when I was born on her 50th birthday. She was Grandmother/Best friend. In fact, when I was in High School, my friends made so much fun of me because I preferred to stay the night with my grandparents on Sat nights. I could care less, I had so much fun with them.
I will be home a month and during that time will help my Grandpa sort and organize. A task I really dread, but know how much I am helping him.
R's time home was wonderful. We spend the entire time in NC, with the exception of a four day trip to Virginia. I have some great pictures from that trip I will share soon. R is getting transferred to a new job with the Embassy in Pakistan, he's very excited.
Ok, off to bed. I hope everyone is doing well. Miss and love you all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.gif)

4 comments:
Melissa,
That is a beautiful story about how close you have been to your grandparents. What special memories you have. Tell C to stay safe and come home soon!
I meant tell R to stay safe:)
We hope time goes by fast for you and your family so that you feel better soon. You know you can count on us! That's what friends are for! Would you send us R.'s new address? Much love, Steph&Rich
I'm just checking in and I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I hope your time in Oregon and helping your grandpa is therapeutic.
My neighbor's husband just got back from a year at the Embassy in Pakistan. He described the city as "nicer than Leesville" (the town outside the gate here) if that makes you feel any better about where he'll be! :)
Post a Comment