Saturday, February 03, 2007

A little of this and that


I've been trying to sit down and post something on the blog lately, but I am still getting the hang of this single parent thing. I remember in Germany when the guys were deployed to Iraq, all of my girlfriends were in this same boat I am in now. I look back and think "holy cow, I should have done more for them!" They all handled it beautifully, I was in awe of them and continue to be, especially today. I wish I would have paid more attention to how they handled things! I suppose I've got to find my way like everyone else did, I so desperately want someone to just tell me how to do it and a map to follow. If I had that, this would be a piece of cake!


I have finally sat down and uploaded more pictures, so here are a few. The one of R and C was the "first" attempt to say goodbye. After the tears and heart aching hugs of goodbye, the flight was scratched and Daddy went home with us. Five times that happened, five times......FIVE TIMES!


We then had snow in NC!!!! It was the first ever for C, so it had a be a photo opt. The boy had been sick for a week, but as soon and we got up and saw the snow, I put him in his snowsuit (a Gavin hand-me-down) and went outside to play. The neighbors must have thought we were out of our minds, but it was important to get pics for Dad.



Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos
Other than that, things here are running fairly smoothly. For those of you who asked (and I've not sat down and emailed) R did make it downrange safely. If you email me, I will gladly give you his physical address and email. I'm sure he would love to hear from everyone.


Have a great week. Happy Super Bowl Day!!!!


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I am coming to NC in March and I would like to meet again. We were neighbors at one point. And I bet the boys will play nice together. Email me and I can give you details, if you are interested. knightnole99@yahoo.com