Sunday, December 31, 2006

10 years

Ten years ago this night I was eighteen, home on winter break and designated driver for my three girlfriends Annie, Tamara and Carissa. Annie had told me of this guy she liked named RW and that he was at a party we should go to. Well, ever the obedient friend, off to the party we went. I met this RW and thought he was funny, cute, nice, intelligent and the object of my friends affection, so of course....off limits (girlfriends rule). Over the course of the night, I lost all three of my girlfriends to their former high school flames, leaving me; the failed designated driver and RW as the only sober people at the party, so obviously conversation sparked. I never gave it much thought since he was targeted by my best friend, but enjoyed the conversation regardless. I finally found my flock and went home wishing Annie was not the first to stake claim on this RW. The next day he called and invited me to a movie and all girlfriend regulations went out the window as I accepted. So here we are ten years later. Annie blessed with forgiveness is still one of my most treasured friends who is happily married to her own dream man as I am to mine.

M and R January 1997

1 comment:

Angie said...

I love this story of you guys. The picture is even better! Happy New Years!