Thursday, December 24, 2009

Gingerbread house?




Happy holidays all! I am procrastinating from my holiday duties to write this short post. I was telling my Mother in Law about our "gingerbread house" and figured pictures was the best way to describe it. It all started on a rainy sat morning with nothing to do when Cam asked if we could make a gingerbread house. I looked online and saw how you could make one out of graham crackers and frosting. I made the frosting from the recipe and found just enough graham crackers to get the job done. We sat down to start building and the frosting was setting in the bowl like well made mortar and Cam was eating away at all the graham crackers I had, so low and behold, this is what you get when you scrap around the kitchen for supplies. This house is crafted out of 1/2 graham crackers, 1/2 multi grain club crackers and all the leftover Halloween candy we could manage (yeah, those are Nerds for the Christmas lights!). Cam was very proud of the outcome! In the two weeks we have had it, it's taken quite a beating (or rather licking) from the cats, but it's still holding strong. I may just put it way for next year!

No comments: