Friday, April 04, 2008

Just waiting

At the Air and Space Museum
In front of the Space Shuttle!
The Cherry Blossoms and all the people!
C was not all that impressed
Clowning around at Aunt Mitzy's



It's down to the last few days now. JUST A FEW DAYS! I'm sure you can't tell I'm a little excited. The days have, of course, slowed down to an absolute crawl now. I've been doing more shopping than I probably need to, shopping makes time fly!!!
We took a long weekend at Aunt Mitzy's in DC last week. We went down on the Mall and saw the Cherry Blossom trees in all their splendor. Unfortunately, about three million other people had the same idea that day!
We then went to the Circus and had a great time. I thought C would squirm around in his seat after a while, but he was captivated. Enough loud music and lights I guess.
As many of my military sisters know, we are at that hurry up and wait part of this deployment. Everyday brings a new date and time everyone is arriving. It's so frustrating, but I stop to remember that it all means he's coming home!

A funny side story....

I tried a "Mystic Tan" yesterday. My skin is so pale I am nearly translucent! I am not willing to bake my skin the old fashioned way in a tanning booth, so I tried this option to get some color. For those who don't know what a "Mystic Tan" is, it's a booth that sprays you down with fake tanner. I got a little freaked out when the lady sat me down at a tv to watch a video on the process. There are so many steps and tricks to make sure you don't walk out with orange hands and feet and knees and elbows and any other part that likes to turn that color. So I went inside the booth and couldn't help but recall that Friends episode where Ross does this but totally screws up on the directions and came out a fine tangerine color. In the end, it actually turned out great. A nice sun kissed color that should last a week or so. When I told my girlfriend about it, she called me a brave woman to risk turning the color of an oompa loompa right before my husband came home!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I got a "mystic" tan about three years ago for a friend's wedding. It was in June so I had a little bit of natural color before hand but still looked pretty pale. (welcome to the pale club :) It turned out OK, but I think they've perfected it since then. It's much safer than the real thing!

Heidi said...

Wish I could make time fly!