



No wonder I don't keep a journal. I cannot even commit myself to a few postings a month on a blog! My main reason to keep this blog is to remain connected to old friends all over the world, but mostly to keep my husband in pictures and videos of our son while he is away. I failed at that one! Sorry honey. At least you will be home soon and can see him with your own eyes.
Anyway. There is so much going on here! I will sit down again soon and elaborate (I promise) about the bigger plans in the works, but for now I wanted to post some pictures of our little guy.
The first picture is of my two best gals here. My girlfriend Lindsay has a healthy addiction to anything Jane Austen. She treated Dana and I to a Jane Austen Party complete with two Movies, amazing food and the craziest gift bag imaginable! Our other equally awesome friend, but not too enthusiastic Jane Austen fan Denise offered to keep C for the evening. It was so great to give the eyes in the back of my head a rest and just relax and eat with two great friends. In the picture we are sporting our Jane Austen t-shirts. Thanks again Lindsay for an awesome night!
We are only down to a couple more weeks until R is home! I am past excited and just now nearly desperate to have him home. It's been such a loooooooonnnnnnnngggggggg time! Who's idea it was to make a 15+ month deployment had obviously never done one themselves. Everyone, soldiers and families included has experienced this 12 month shadow where ever since we hit the year mark, time has just slowed to a crawl. However, there is light at the end of this tunnel!
I had such a proud mommy moment yesterday. We were at school waiting for the classroom to open and I was visiting with C's little buddy Billy's Mom. Billy has had a bit of a time adjusting to school and still cries occasionally when his mom leaves him. This happened on Tuesday and apparently Billy was having a particularly hard time, so C went and found Billy's favorite toy in the classroom and brought it to him to make him feel better. When Billy's mom told me this, my heart was about ready to explode. C truly does have a good heart and he's such a compassionate kid. I couldn't be more proud.
.gif)

2 comments:
I love your shirts, love Jane Austen, and can't wait to hear about the "future" plans.
The story about C. makes my heart melt:-) We can't wait to see you guys again! Miss ya!
Post a Comment