Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Back home

C and I have settled back at home. We enjoyed seeing our families so much, but if feels so good to be in our own home again! We have gotten right back into the swing of life around here. I realize the boy is two years old now, but I am happy to report that we are going on our second day of no bottles. Usually he would only have a bottle of milk before naptime and again at bedtime as part of the bedtime routine. The other night, I was watching "SuperNanny" and I saw this two year old throw a livid rip roaring fit because she handed him milk in a cup. I thought to myself that C never acted like that when I tried, he just prefered the milk in a bottle. Then it hit me. I was the one having the hard time adjusting! I don't want my child to get older!!!! I am the one with the attachment to the way things are and don't want them to change. I also don't want C to get any bigger or older while his Dad is away. Anyway, cold turkey on the bottles and C has not even asked for them. He drinks the milk from the cup, no problem. I think I could have done this a year ago. Oh well. They say the first one is the practice run anyway!



Here is a video of R's homecoming for R&R. C was just trembling with excitement when he saw his Daddy. And to think R was afraid he would not remember him! All the way home from the airport, he kept chanting "Daddy" "Daddy" "Daddy" and then when we got home, he covered R in kisses and hugs.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting


Love my Boys.

No comments: